Word Of Dean faculty of Pharamcy
(Development and excellence in pharmaceutical education, scientific research, and community service)
It is a pleasure for me to address all faculty members, teaching assistants, technicians, administrators, and all positions supporting the educational process in the Faculty of Pharmacy.
The educational process depends on three pillars: students, teaching staff, and environment, which includes all the supporting elements, laboratories, equipment, chemicals and other educational capabilities and means. It is the environment that helps to deliver information to students. In addition, it offers a good chance for scientific research, which effectively contributes to solving the problems of society, especially with regard to the pharmaceutical aspects. Those aspects are indeed a major part of healthcare system in Libya.
The role of the Faculty is not only educational, but it goes beyond that to serving the community. This is because it is a house of expertise for the country and helps decision-makers to take the right and correct decision. The Faculty calls for activating the service and investment role that are entrusted to it. It welcomes all ideas and initiatives in order to be able to contribute to community service and advancement of societies.
The Faculty is the center for pharmaceutical research. Our beloved country is rich with international experiences that have a great weight and a distinguished position between scientists and experts in the world. This is evident through scientific research published in international scientific journals with advanced rankings and centers. It is worth noting that the Faculty of Pharmacy contains experts and researchers who belong to different schools and they have studied in reputable universities around the world and in different regions. Staff members of this Faculty have the privilege to be educated in countries Australia, Malaysia, Japan, Korea, Turkey, Hungary, Poland, Britain, Germany, Belgium, France, Italy and Sweden, United States of America, Canada, Egypt and others. This is one of the advantages of the Faculty of Pharmacy at the University of Tripoli. It offers consultations and services in areas such as food, drug analysis, and training. It participates in various medical specialties. Faculty members work in high positions in the country. They occupy positions such as consultants, directors of research centers, and other important positions in ministries. This places on our shoulders a great challenge in order to prove that we are able to provide the needed service to Libyan citizens. Our goal is to build our beloved country of Libya and increase our responsibility in order to present all the experience and skill we have for the people.
Faculty members, demonstrators, technicians, workers and administrators in the Faculty are called to advance the level of the college and develop it in all respects. Our people expect the best service out of our profession. We have to develop it for the best. The Faculty is our second home in which you spend most of your time; therefore, we must make it an organized and productive home that we can be proud of. We have to preserve its contents and be committed to good treatment as one family and strive to unify your efforts for advancement and development.
It is necessary and inevitable that everyone must respect the rights of each other as well as rights of students. The Faculty maintains good spirit between its staff. This institution is over forty years old, so good manners and harmony lead to advanced educational research and service. We work on the issuance of an honor charter that includes the ethics of profession in the Faculty. Faculty members, along with all working staff, maintain harmony, serenity and a spirit of cooperation and collegiality among them.
The Deanship opens its door for everyone to contribute, initiate and submit proposals in order to elevate our college to the highest ranks, as well as welcome all that is new. It offers all the support needed by public and private institutions in order to develop research, administrative and scientific works.
One of our most important goals is to establish e-management, which has become inevitable and irreversible. This is a call to intensify efforts in order to reach full mechanization. We work on getting rid of the paperwork and expenses that constitute a large burden on the general budget. This requires the contribution of the university to develop a strategy of e-management.
Quality is always a great title for the university institution because it is a beacon for development. Lack of quality is like a boat lost in a large ocean that is collided by the waves. Quality is the ship’s compass to reach safety. The requirements of quality are many, but they are not difficult to achieve if there is a pure intention and determination to progress and provide a high-quality product. The Faculty enjoys experience, efficiency, skill and information in terms of graduating professional pharmacists who are able to serve their community with all merit. This makes it imperative for us to proceed with quality programs.
The Faculty works on developing programs of taking care of children in the community. It graduates students with awareness of the responsibility they should have when practising the profession. The Faculty is always an enlightened torch to all students that seek to achieve distinction and progress.
The teaching staff, teaching assistants and research assistants are urgently required to develop the pharmaceutical scientific research system aimed at solving drug and profession problems. They are also encouraged to perseverance in exerting efforts to obtain fruitful results that lead to publication in high-quality journals and the global arrangement for the enrichment of the scientific research movement in the country. Libya is rich in natural wealth of medicinal herbs. The Faculty seeks to localize technology and the pharmaceutical industry and develop all areas of pharmacy, especially the clinical ones. It invites researchers to establish and organize specialized diploma courses such as clinical pharmacy, hospital pharmacy, drug economics, pharmacovigilance, drug quality control, drug manufacturing, medical analysis and other necessary specialties. This is to cover the deficit in Libyan hospitals, which will contribute to the development of health care at all levels.
The Faculty of Pharmacy seeks development and distinction in pharmaceutical education, scientific research, and community service.
The Faculty of Pharmacy promotes educational and research processes in order to advance the college to be more professional in all its departments and provide a high-quality product. This will result in benefitting medical institutions and is an important and effective part of the medical profession. The Faculty is making optimal use of available resources and effectively partners with the relevant authorities, whether locally, regionally and internationally. It offers services and advice to the community.
The Faculty of Pharmacy aims at:
· Forming a scientific committee in the Faculty consisting of members from various departments and disciplines to be the backbone of Deanship decisions. It will greatly help in making sound, scientific and thoughtful decisions and in order to present all scientific topics in the Faculty.
· Absorbing all faculty members in different work committees (such as a beehive) to deal with the workload of the Faculty. This ensures achievements of goals and advances the Faculty to the highest ranks.
· Reconsidering all curricula and directing them in the direction of the pharmacy profession and relying on reference books in all the subjects.
· Providing the requirements of the educational process in terms of preparing students and staff. It provides all the means of clarification, laboratory materials and equipment needed for teaching.
· Expanding specialized education, especially specialized diplomas, and taking into account the student’s preferences in choosing the specialty they desire.
· Determining the priorities and protocols of scientific research in the various fields of pharmaceutical sciences and linking them to the public and private health sectors. The pharmaceutical industry should achieve the goals of the pharmaceutical scientific research in solving drug problems and its impact on the patients. The Faculty follows progress of research in these fields.
· Training of administrative and technical elements in the Faculty to support them through courses, workshops and seminars.
· Developing the academic and research laboratories in terms of equipment, chemicals, glassware and other materials necessary for the educational process.
· Maintaining occupational safety measures to ensure the general principle of "safety first".
· Transforming to open classroom system and qualifying faculty staff to the study and examination system to ensure high efficiency and quality using this system.
· Transferring the system of teaching into more communicative method. Class size should not exceed fifty students in theoretical lessons and twenty-five students in practical lessons.
· Focusing on the "Tutorial" system, especially in practical lessons, to ensure that students learn brainstorming technique.
· Acquiring knowledge management techniques as it impacts on developing and improving individual and institutional performances.
Continually developing the planning process at all levels in the Faculty to achieve the goals.
The Faculty of Pharmacy
· Respects the rights of students, staff members, employees, technicians, and everyone who helps in the educational and research process.
· Offers fair treatment at all levels.
· Partners and coordinates between the health sector and other related sectors, in relation to teaching, to advance the level of graduates.
· Seeks transparency and excellence in the educational process.
· Maintains quality and integrity in work.
· Encourages teamwork.
· Committing to the ethics of the university teaching profession.
· Inculcates the ethics and customs of the profession of pharmacy among students to be active and positive members of their country, whether national or expatriate students.
Carries out all professions, trades and jobs related to the educational process in the Faculty with sincerity, dedication and professionalism.